We are a Catholic ministry that supports our LGBTQ+ community and families by promoting equality and inclusion among all people and by sharing our personal stories. We are based in Detroit, where we advocate for the welcome and full inclusion of LGBTQ+ people into the Church and for workplace equality for the many LGBTQ+ people in our churches, schools, hospitals and other Catholic institutions and agencies.
The time for speaking our truth has never been more urgent. As a group, we are delighted to announce a new name and affiliation. We have changed our name from Fortunate Families Detroit to Families with Dignity, a caucus of DignityUSA.
Our mission statement can be found here.
- Join webinar of ousted church workers & theologian James Alison on March 21
- Dignity groups warn parents in Metro Detroit against participating in EnCourage 'ministry'
- Let your voice be heard through the Synod!
- DignityUSA calls Marquette bishop's withholding of sacraments from LGBTQ+ Catholics 'egregious' and 'cruel'
- Theological statement on "Catholic Sexual Conversations in a Diverse Church" by Global Coalition of Rainbow Catholics
- Catholic Organizations for Renewal video statement on withholding of Communion
- DignityUSA and Families With Dignity join to offer video blessings for Pride month